Superior Log Homes for Bad Axe and the surrounding Thumb Area
If you are looking to build a log home on a plot of land in Bad Axe then you need to make sure that you do it right. While there is no doubt that building a log home from scratch is an extremely exciting process, the reality is that it requires a skill and professional expertise of the highest standard and this shouldn’t be underestimated. So, if you want the best building service there is then you need to contact Langenburg Construction today.
Benefits of Log Homes
For far too long, log homes were seen as a cute and quaint option for weekend getaways to the lake or winter ski-trips to the mountains, but the reality is that in recent years they have grown in popularity as the primary type of building for homeowners across Bad Axe. At Langenburg Construction Company, Inc, we have been long-time advocates of log homes.
Five of the biggest advantages of log homes include the following:
- Trees Are a Renewable Source: The simple fact of the matter is that the renewable nature of trees means that log homes come with a solid green pedigree. When a home is made with solid logs, we are effectively taking the carbon contained in these logs out of the environmental circulation over the entire life of a home. Where possible, we always try and use timber from sustainable-certified forests to ensure that any logs we use are re-planted.
- Long-Lasting: While some know-it-alls assume that brick or other more contemporary materials are more durable than log homes, the fact of the matter is certain timber homes in Europe and Russia date back more than 800 years. This sounds pretty old to us!
- Can Withstand Mother Nature’s Wrath: Another misconception that exists about log homes is that they aren’t tough and durable enough to withstand storms and other harsh weather. However, the reality is that log homes have survived several natural catastrophes such as Hurricane Katrina and Rita.
- Perfect Integration: Have you ever spotted a concrete built home in a wooded landscape and thought to yourself, something isn’t quite right here?. Well, the reality is that with a log home, you will never have this problem as all our homes are built with the finest wood that never looks out of place in any rustic setting.
- Natural Warmth: Any homeowner in Bad Axe who has wood in their home will know that this material has a thermal mass that makes it warmer to touch in comparison to sheetrock. The natural qualities of logs mean that your home will remain comfortable during all seasons. This natural insulation allows logs walls to collect and store energy, then radiate it back into your home when needed.
Proud Dealer for Appalachian Log Structures
Please visit applog.com to see the available floor plans for your new log home.
Call Langenburg Construction to get started today!
Don’t Settle for Second Best
The simple fact of the matter is that if you are going to go to the effort of having a new log home built on a Bad Axe plot of land then you need to contact Langenburg Construction today. Trust us, you won’t regret it.